Teaching structure for Bath ST3 GP Trainees
- ST3 teaching is for all trainees entering their final GP placement.
- ST3 teaching commences with a 2-day induction in early September each year.
- Teaching sessions are usually held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday morning of each month.
- Topic Teaching sessions are mandatory to attend during ST3 (Pro-rata for LTFT).
- Each trainee is expected to provide one clinical case, one guideline and a CSA-based video. Trainees are required to sign up for each in advance, usually at the 2-day induction.
- It is the trainee's responsibility to regularly check the timetable and arrange their study leave with the Practice. Reminders will be sent out.
- If you do not sign the register your attendance will not be recorded.
- Trainees are required to achieve the minimum teaching attendance of 70%, including Topic Teaching sessions.
- Regular checks of teaching attendance will be made, especially around 6 month review and ARCP periods.
Additional information for ST3 LTFTs
- LTFT trainees will attend teaching for the duration of their ST3 GP placement until CCT.
- It is the trainee's responsibility to check the timetable and plan ahead. Trainees are invited to attend teaching for the duration of ST3 and must achieve 70% attendance of approximately 40 sessions, these include Topic Teaching. ST3 topics are scheduled approximately the same time each academic year
ST3 Teaching Timetable