Beckington Family Practice (BFP)
St Luke’s Surgery
St Luke’s Road
Somerset, BA11 6SE
Tel: 01373 830316
Fax: 01373 831261
Practice Manager: Robert.Slade@beckingtonfamilypractice.nhs.uk
Who are we?
BFP is a long-established training practice offering high-quality family practice with a sound track record of continuity of care yet simultaneously unafraid of change and adopting new methods of practice. The whole team embrace training enthusiastically.
What makes us tick?
BFP offers a unique training experience for the GP trainee. We operate across 3 sites with one main surgery and 2 branch surgeries. We operate a dispensary from the main surgery at Beckington with a further dispensary at the Freshford branch. The branch surgery in Frome differs in many respects from those at the Bath end of the practice including widely differing demographics covering patients in some of the most deprived Wards in the South West and a large gypsy community. The practice also covers the nursing and residential homes in Frome and offers in-patient care in Frome Community Hospital. The practice team as a whole is highly experienced and together there is a wealth of knowledge covering clinical care, management and dispensing matters.
What’s our training experience?
As a Training Practice we place great emphasis on education, not only for our Registrar, the ST1s and ST2s with whom we are now closely linked, and the undergraduate students , but also for our Nurses and our Administrative team.
We have six Partners all of whom have both special interests within the Practice and involvement in local working groups and medical committees.
Our Trainers are: Dr John Beaven & Dr Richard Loveless.
There are four practice Nurses aided by three Health Care Assistants, several District Nurses, one Health Visitor and a large administrative team.
So – why join us?
- Friendly, welcoming team enjoying close relationships within a supportive village community offering an exceptional training experience.
- A close-knit supportive rural training environment covering an area of over 100 sq.miles facilitated by up-to-date IT technology.
- Excellent peer support with timetable supervised at all times by the trainer and GP colleagues.
- Up-to-date library with state-of-the art training for nMRCGP including books and DVDs and on-line training facilities.
- Up-to-date recording systems for performing Consultation Observation Tool (COTs) and videoing tutorials.
- Training in the context of a brand new Community Hospital.