Teaching structure for Bath GP Trainees
ST1 & ST2 in hospital posts
- Two year rolling programme.
- Year one teaching programme will consist of 10 curriculum group work topics per 6 months these will be repeated for the following 6 months.
- Year two teaching programme will consist of 10 different curriculum group work topics and delivered as per the above.
- Trainees are to aspire to attend 10 teaching sessions overall each academic year with a minimum of 70% to allow for leave and rota issues. Pro-rata for LTFT trainees.
- Trainees can attend each Wednesday morning ST1&2 session once only to allow all trainees the opportunity to access all the different topic sessions on offer. Please liaise with your ST colleagues and rota organisers to share opportunities equally.
- If a Trainee attends a curriculum group work session between August and January and their teaching attendance is satisfactory they do not need to attend again between February and July.
- Additional non-mandatory teaching sessions (Topic Teaching) will be held approximately once a month. Topics will vary over the two year programme. Some Topic Teaching is organised on our behalf by BGPERT, our external education provider. https://www.bathgped.co.uk/
- It is the trainee's responsibility to check the timetable and confirm availability with their hospital department before booking a place with the GP Office.
- Regular teaching reminders will be sent out (please plan ahead).
- If you find you cannot attend please let the GP Office know as a courtesy.
- If you do not complete the online feedback your attendance will not be recorded.
- Regular checks of teaching attendance will be made, especially around 6 month review and ARCP periods.
- If it is on the teaching timetable an on-line study leave application does not need to be submitted.
- Zoom teaching sessions will not be recorded unless otherwise advised.
PLEASE REMEMBER: Register in advance, no latecomers, and complete the feedback.
Additional information for ST2 in hospital posts
- Trainees to sign up in advance to show a presentation (based on listed curriculum topic).